- A Growing College - Howard has maintained steady growth in recent years while maintaining an excellent faculty dedicated to the needs of students.
- A Quality Education - The quality of education a student receives at Howard is based on the outstanding reputation as a top institution of higher education. The dedicated faculty at Howard maintain high standards and a 12-to-1 student-to- teacher ratio which means proper attention to each student from each faculty member.
- Good Location - Howard is located in Big Spring, Texas, a community of 25,000 with the warm and friendly atmosphere of a small town. Howard is centrally located, within 100 miles of Abilene, Lubbock, San Angelo, and Midland.
- Enthusiastic Student Body - The students get behind the Hawks for athletic events, for campus activities, for dormitory life, for help and fun!
- Great Facilities - The home of the Hawks, the Dorothy Garrett Coliseum, seats 4,000. Howard features a spacious locker room, a well-equipped weight training facility, a state of the art athletic training room, and a film room.
The Basketball Program
- Great Leadership - Howard College Head Coach Earl Diddle has been coaching basketball for more than 38 years. During that time Diddle has won more than 430 games and has developed a reputation nationwide as a great teacher of the game of basketball. Diddle is a proven winner who possesses a wide range of knowledge and experience both as a head and assistant coach.
- Valuable Experience - Coach Diddle brings a variety of experiences from various academic levels including high school, junior college, NAIA, NCAA Divisions I and II, and preparation for the National Olympic Team for the United Arab Emirates. During his coaching career Diddle has been associated with many players who have played NCAA Division I basketball and who have gone on to play professionally in the NBA, CBA, and overseas. Diddle has also been the keynote speaker at many basketball camps and clinics throughout the world.
- Best Competition - The Western Junior College Athletic Conference is one of the best conferences in the country. The WJCAC is one of the highest profile conferences in the country with teams perenially ranked in the NJCAA top 25.
- Style of Play - Team effort and team play form the foundation for Howard Basketball. The Hawks aim to combine tough defense with an up-tempo style of offensive play with an emphasis on player development.
Basketball Mailing Address:
Howard College Women's Basketball
1001 Birdwell Lane
Big Spring, Texas 79720
Howard College Basketball Phone Numbers:
Head Coach Earl Diddle: (432) 264-5043
Asst. Coach Tara Lisle: (432) 264-5155
Toll Free: 1-866-HC-HAWKS (1-866-424-2957)